With Easter right around the corner, Carrot Rice Soup seems like the perfect choice. (Save some for the Easter Bunny…he’ll thank you for it!)
Carrots sauteed in butter give this soup a rich, savory flavor. Jasmine rice adds heartiness and texture. It is melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and fresh ground pepper. Serve with warm french bread.
See below for more pictures. Enjoy this fresh, delicious spring soup.
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
Carrot Rice Soup
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 small onion (I like yellow), diced **
- 6 cups chicken broth **
- 1/3 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 t. sea salt **
- 1/2 t. fresh ground pepper **
- 1 cup cream (optional) **
- 1 T fresh parsley, minced (garnish) **
- 1 loaf french bread for serving, if desired
** Ingredients are used in other recipes from This Week’s Menu, starred to help in your planning. Types of cheese, broth and alcohol may vary.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over med. heat.
- Saute carrots and onion, covered, for about 15-20 min or until carrots are getting tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add broth and rice and bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to low. Continue to simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and tender.
- Remove lid and let cool for a few minutes then add to blender, in batches if needed. (Be careful and hold blender lid on tight. Smaller batches are better.) Pulse for 10-20 seconds or until almost smooth (A little chunky is okay.)
- Poor back into soup pot and add cream. (I forgot the cream this time and didn’t even notice it missing, until right now as I type this. It was still creamy and delicious.)
- Cook for another couple of minutes if needed to warm up the cream.
- Serve with fresh parsley garnish, fresh ground pepper and warm french bread.