This blush sauce is amazing! So simple but makes an otherwise ordinary meal taste gourmet!
Wine and cream give this tomato, onion and garlic sauce it’s “blush” color. Angel Hair with Blush Sauce…delicious!
Adapted from jerseygirlcooks.com. Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
Angel Hair with Blush Sauce
- 16 ounces Angel Hair pasta
- 1 T olive oil **
- 1/2 onion, chopped **
- 1 t. crushed garlic
- 2- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 T dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup white wine **
- 1 t. sea salt **
- fresh ground pepper, to taste **
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream **
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan **
- 2 cups frozen peas **
** Ingredients are used in other recipes from This Week’s Menu, starred to help in your planning. Types of cheese, broth and alcohol may vary. 🙂
- Cook the angel hair according to package directions. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water then drain remaining water.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and saute the onions for 2 min. Then add the garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes more, or until just turning gold.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and wine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add the half and half. Stir well.
- Add the pasta and water to the pan (may not need the whole 1/2 cup of pasta water.) Toss and cook for a few minutes. Pasta should be well coated.
- Steam peas in microwave safe bowl, with just a little bit of water in bottom, for 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Serve garnished with basil and fresh grated parmesan cheese.