Enjoy this cocktail in honor of the Blood Moon Total Eclipse, occuring tomorrow morning, at approximately 6:02 a.m. MST.
We saw the last one and it was incredible!!
Have a Blood Moon Cocktail to toast the Blood Moon and celebrate this rare occasion!! I believe there will be another one in September of 2015.
I found this delicious recipe from Sweet Remedy and modified it to make it less sweet.
Happy Happy hour! ~ Gena
Makes 1 cocktail
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz fresh squeezed blood orange juice
- 1.5 oz rosemary simple syrup
- orange slice and rosemary sprig for garnishing, if desired
- Fill a 12oz highball glass with ice.
- Pour in about 2 oz vodka.
- Add approximately 4 oz fresh squeezed blood orange juice (I found mine at Whole Foods.) -regular OJ works in a pinch. 🙂
- Top with rosemary simple syrup.
- Give it a little shake to mix up the goodness!
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and orange slice.