I’m craving these yummy mini spaghetti pies as I write this. They were dee-lish! They made awesome leftovers as well!
I was looking for a way to add a little more protein to our spaghetti, without adding meat. Being a fan of cottage cheese and learning the health benefits made me realize it was the perfect choice for this recipe.
Cottage cheese is a complete protein, a source of healthy fat and a helpful ingredient in battling diabetes. (source: Healthy Eating) Not to mention, it adds a cheesy, creamy goodness to these little darlings!
I hope you’ll enjoy these easy mini spaghetti pies as much as we did!
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
Mini Spaghetti Pies
- 1 lb. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 25 oz. marinara **
- 1 T butter for greasing muffin tin **
- 1 cups cottage cheese **
- 1 T fresh parsley, diced
- 1/2 t. sea salt **
- 1/2 t. black pepper **
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese **
- 1 egg **
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional) **
** Ingredients are used in other recipes from This Week’s Menu, starred to help in your planning. Types of cheese and milk/cream may vary. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin tin with butter.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and add back to pot. Add marina and stir until well coated.
- Meanwhile, make cheese mixture. Add cottage cheese, egg, parsley, 1 cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to a med. bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a fork, fill muffin cups a little less than halfway with spaghetti.
- Add a thin layer of cheese mixture on top of spaghetti, a little less than a tablespoon. Pat down firmly with fork to condense it all.
- Top with more spaghetti. I heaped it on, about 1/4 cup.
- Top with more cheese and parsley.
- Bake for about 15 min. or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Loosen edges and remove to plates. Serve hot with fresh grated Parmesan.