As a kid I loved Quaker Instant Oatmeal. I looked forward to trying all the different flavors. But Maple and Brown Sugar was my favorite!
I still love the combo of hearty oats with pure maple syrup and rich brown sugar!! Yummmmm!!!
This cookie brings those simple flavors together again. I bring them to friends, teachers, our favorite bus-driver and parties. 🙂 They are well loved! I hope you will enjoy the soft texture and rich flavors of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies too!
Happy Baking! ~ Gena
Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 34 cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. sea salt
Maple Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars in the bowl of a mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture, one at a time and mix on low until well combined, about 1 min.
- Add maple syrup and continue mixing until incorporated.
- Add dry mixture and mix until just wet.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet, spaced about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 12 min. or until lightly golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 min. before transferring to a cooling rack.
- For glaze, stir together powdered sugar, syrup and cream until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies.