This recipe brings back wonderful memories of my oldest brother, Blake. Blake is a wonderful big brother who has taught and inspired me my whole life. He is one of those people who is good at everything, including cooking! He taught me this recipe years ago and it is still one of the easiest, yummiest things I love to make. Thanks Blaker, I love you big brother!
Simple Lemon Chicken is part of this week’s Mini-Weekly Menu, paired with Warm Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas. The recipe below shows you an option of cooking more chicken that can be saved for tomorrow night’s dinner. Then tomorrow’s quesadillas will be fast and easy, as well as flavorful! Mini-Weekly Menus are all about combining your efforts to make more meals.
Simple Lemon Chicken brings citrus and Parmesan together in a light, zesty dish that couldn’t be easier. Enjoy!!
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
Simple Lemon Chicken
- 1/2 large onion, chopped (use 1 large onion if following this week’s Mini-Weekly Menu) **
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (4 cloves if following Mini-Weekly Menu)
- 2 T olive oil **
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced (use 6 chicken breasts if following this week’s Mini Weekly Menu, then tomorrow’s Pineapple Chicken Quesadillas will be a snap!) **
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 16 oz angel hair pasta
** Items that are used in other recipes from this week’s Mini-Weekly Menu, starred to help in your grocery planning.
- Heat 1 T olive oil over med. heat in a large saucepan. Saute onions until translucent, about 3 min. Add garlic and cook one more min. or until garlic starts to turn light gold. (If following the Mini-Weekly Menu, remove about half of the cooked onions/garlic to a sealed container and set aside.)
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to onions and garlic in the pan the add the chicken and Italian seasonings. Squeeze juice from 1/2 of the lemon, stir and continue to cook over med. heat for about 7 min or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil. Cook angel hair until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- When chicken is done cooking, add lemon zest and the other half of lemon juice over chicken and stir to combine. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan on top and stir for another minute or two. (If following the Mini-Weekly Menu, remove about 2 cups of the cooked chicken and add to container with the onions. Cover and store in the fridge for tomorrow night’s dinner.)
- Serve lemon chicken over angel hair pasta. Sprinkle with a little extra fresh grated Parmesan and Enjoy!!