White Chili Stuffed Potatoes are the second meal in this week’s Piggy Back Meals.
This recipe simply takes last night’s Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili leftovers and makes another scrumptious meal, possibly even better than the actual chili. All you need to do is bake some potatoes, sprinkle a little cheddar inside and fill with the leftover chili…Yum!!
My family and I loved this meal and hope you will too! I thought it was great (and simple) just as I have it in this picture, but feel free to dress it up with sour cream, cilantro, etc… whatever suits your taste!
White Chili Stuffed Potatoes
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 6 cups leftover Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 5 t. butter (I use unsalted)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- cilantro and sour cream, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wash potatoes and prick tops with a fork a few times. Place directly on oven rack and bake for 50-60 min. or until fork tender.
- Let potatoes cool for about 5 min.
- Meanwhile, in a med. saucepan over med. heat, bring leftover chili to a low simmer, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Gently knead potatoes all over, softening insides. Gently cut a lengthwise slice in top of potatoes then squeeze ends and potatoes will open nicely.
- Add a teaspoon of butter to each and let melt.
- Sprinkle a little cheese into potatoes and top with chili and another sprinkle of cheese.
- Top with cilantro and sour cream, if desired.