Molten Chocolate Cakes are the perfect finish to your Valentine dinner.
Chocolatey, melty, molten goodness!
You can prepare the batter ahead, making them a great choice for an easy dessert. Keep refrigerated until 1 hour before you’re ready to bake. Let warm on counter, bake and serve warm!
Super easy and so decadent!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Molten Chocolate Cakes
Makes 6 large servings or 16 muffin sized cakes
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup flour
- butter for greasing ramekins
For homemade whipped cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 T sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Butter individual ramekins or a muffin tin. If using ramekins, place on a baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir until chips are melted and smooth.
- Whisk in sugar.
- Mix in eggs and egg yolks.
- Stir in flour until mostly smooth (a few little lumps are okay)
- Pour into ramekins or muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14 min. if using larger ramekins or 10 min. if using muffin tins. Or until edges are firm and middle is soft.
- Let cool for one minute. Loosen by running a knife around the edge and invert onto serving plate. Serve warm with homemade whipped cream.
I modified this recipe from Kraft.com – hope you like my version!
For homemade whipped cream:
- Beat whipping cream and sugar on high speed in an electric mixer or using beaters. Or you can whisk briskly. I start on med. speed to reduce splatter. As it thickens, turn to high speed and watch closely, or you’ll end up with butter. About 2 minutes or until you reach desired consistency.
- Yum!! Homemade whipped cream is the best!!