Absolutely Delicious!! This one pot meal is incredibly easy and tastes fabulous! This is a new family favorite for sure!
Spice it up with Pepper-Jack cheese or spicy sausage if you like it hot! Super versatile!
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road. Go check out Kristin’s beautiful pictures…she is so talented!
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
One Pot Tortellini and Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 12 oz Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 18 oz. tortellini, uncooked (we used 2-9oz. packages of refrigerated Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini)
- 2- 15oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 t. sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 T cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Saute onion in olive oil over med. heat.
- Add sausage and cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add tortellini, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 15 min. or until tortellini is al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
Serve with a loaf of rustic french bread or a side salad and a glass of red wine! Mmmmm!!! Enjoy!!