This is one of my favorite sauces and can be used with any pasta. So rich!!
Finding this recipe was inspired by a night out with friends at a local Italian restaurant. I fell in love with this sauce and modified a recipe from cooks.com. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
I chose to leave the bacon out this time, since we had bacon twice last weekend. But I left it in the recipe because it adds amazing flavor and you should try it sometime. 🙂
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
- 4 T unsalted butter **
- 1/4 lb pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 24 oz jar of marinara or pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup cream **
- 1/2 t. sea salt **
- fresh ground pepper to taste **
- 1 lb. penne pasta **
- fresh grated parmesan cheese **
** Ingredients are used in other recipes from This Week’s Menu, starred to help in your planning. ( Noodle types may vary)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over med. heat.
- When butter foams, add bacon. Saute over medium heat until lightly colored.
- Add vodka and stir until evaporated. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Cook and drain noodles and place in skillet with sauce. Stir to coat. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.