I modified this recipe from Laurenslatest.com. Go check her out, she has lots of great recipes!
Look for the double asterisks (**) when planning your grocery list. These items will be used in 2 or more meals from This Week’s Menu. Hopefully this will save you a grocery trip! 🙂
Happy Cooking! ~ Gena
- 4 red bell peppers **
- olive oil **
- 2 t. sea salt **
- 1 small onion, chopped **
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cream or milk
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 8-10 basil leaves, chopped or torn (optional) **
- 16 oz spiral pasta (or noodles of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut peppers in half, pull off stem and scrape out seeds (give a quick rinse to get all seeds out.) Slice peppers and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle a little olive oil (about 1 T) and salt (about 1 t.) evenly and toss to coat. Bake for approx. 15 min., flipping peppers at least once, or until tender.
- Add noodles to boiling water, about 10 min. after peppers go in oven, and cook until al dente (usually 8-10 min.) Drain.
- While peppers are roasting heat olive oil over med. heat in a med. saucepan. Add onions and saute until translucent, 2 to 3 min. Add garlic and saute one or two minutes more or until fragrant and light brown. (Next time I make this I will roast onions at the same time as the peppers, to save a pan, and garlic added in a few min. before peppers are done. I’ll let you know how it turns out!)
- Add peppers, onions, garlic, cream cheese, cream, 1 t. salt and 1/2 t. fresh ground pepper, and 1/4 cup Parmesan into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. (I left mine a little bit chunky!)
- Serve over pasta and top with torn basil and sprinkle with extra Parmesan.