This soup is a favorite! It is so very easy!! It is also hearty, healthy and delicious!
Serve with bread or a salad.
- 64 oz chicken broth **
- 2- 9oz packages of fresh tortellini
- 2- 15 oz can cannelini (great northern) beans, drained **
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil **
- 1- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, undrained
- 2 T balsamic vinegar **
- 1 t. sea salt **
- fresh ground pepper **
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese **
- french bread for serving
** Ingredients are used in other recipes from This Week’s Menu, starred to help in your planning. (Bean types may vary)
- In large stock pot, bring broth to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 min. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil, vinegar and salt.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle cheese on top, followed by some fresh ground pepper, if desired.Enjoy!!